Although this tax is usually self assessed and
administered by our clients' Solicitors, we have a working knowledge,
in order to advise our clients in relation to business and equity
In particular, we can advice on the stamp duty implicaions
- Share transfers, including claiming relevant exemptions,
- Business acquisitions.
Most people consider stamp duty as an unwelcome
addition to the cost of an already expensive purchase. As well
as seeking to reduce this tax, our tax technicians, whom include
ex tax inspectors in number, will communicate with your Solicitor,
so that you have peace of mind that your tax affairs are being
dealt with in a professional manner.
Practical Examples of our Stamp Duty Expertise
- Arranging for the stock transfer forms of private company
shares to be affixed with the appropriate stamp duty.
- Advising on how this stamp duty is charged on Goodwill
purchases or sales.
- Claiming stamp duty exemptions on life time share gifts
and corporate reconstructions.
- Comparing the stamp duty costs of an asset purchases
v's a share purchase, for acquiring a new business.